Cory - Caudal Fin Missing!

homerhotspur

New Member
Joined
Jun 28, 2008
Messages
56
Reaction score
0
Points
0
One of our Leopard Corys is minus its Caudal fin, but otherwise seems Ok.

Will it grow back? Could it cause a problem. If so, anything I should do? Is this likely to be a ' nipping' event or could it be some form of illness etc?

The most likely culprit is probably a rather aggressive Danio who has already seen off 2 guppies, although I haven't actually seen it bothering the Corys which are usually ignored .
 
Whoa! What are your water stats? It could be bad finrot. When did you get the corydora, what size is your aquarium, and how many danios do you have. A danio needs at least 20-25 gallons and a group of 5-8.
 
The Nitrite and Amonia stats seem fine. It is a 60 litre tank. All the other fish seem fine and the ' community' has been well settled for a few months now. I think the Corys have been in for 4 or 5 months. The one with the missing fin has always been much smaller than its companion and doesn't seem to have grown much.

I haven't got a picture available but the tail is literally a stub. There is no fin there at all. Not sure wheter to isolate it or put some medication in the tank. If so, what is best and will it effect the others adversly?( note, I am in the UK for medical suggestions) .
 

Most reactions

Back
Top