Coronavirus...post your thoughts here...

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
šŸ¶ POTM Poll is Open! šŸ¦Ž Click here to Vote! šŸ°
I agree. I donā€™t believe a fish forum is a place to be posting about such things. Misinformation adds more gasoline to fuel the fire Of panic. IMO, this post should never have been started. We need to realize that we have members of all ages in this site and younger ones donā€™t need to be reading this. As our rules state.
ā€ At Tropical Fish Forums we aim to provide a friendly community environment that is accessible by new fish keepers and experienced hobbyists alike, and is suitable for members of all ages.ā€

Last edited:
This is something I've started discussing with my family today after the recent reports in the US. It could become a real serious issue so I don't mind the discussion about it as long as it remains civil. I'm interested to see other viewpoints from others around the world instead of just listening to the mainstream media.

I can tell you it's effected me mainly because of the declines in the stock market this week. I hope it's temporary but seeing your retirement lose 15% in one week is quite alarming. I probably won't be making any unnecessary purchases until things calm down. We are going out tomorrow to start stocking up on can & dry goods. I hope it's over rated but you never know. The more it spreads the less desire I'll have to travel, attend events, movies, going out to eat, etc. I can certainly see the impact it could have to the economy and that worries me.

This virus is being discussed daily in the entire world and will affect all of us in one way or another in the coming months. It will be in the news potentially for many more months. It will affect the world economy and may directly affect some of our members.
As dascrow stated:
I'm interested to see other viewpoints from others around the world instead of just listening to the mainstream media.
I am also interested in seeing how our members from around the world are affected and how they are preparing for this virus.

This topic was posted in General Chat which is for non-fish related topics. Let's just keep it civil, stick to the facts and, if you wish, state how the Coronavirus is affecting your country or state or how you are directly or indirectly affected.

Last edited:
If people are going to post then it needs to be factual. It took me two minutes on Google to confirm the Switzerland and Austria borders thing wasn't true but how many people read something, don't check it and then mention it to someone else? If it's going to be talked about other than how it affects people personally then surely statements should be backed with links rather than just making claims.

I live in Thailand and everyone here is wearing a mask, you cant even get out of your province :( no mask left in the shop or department store. When you cough people will run away from you.
People wearing stormtrooper and darth vader helmet under the mask is normal sight o_O

Last edited:
Itā€™s the paranoia started over misinformation that is so upsetting. Thatā€™s why Iā€™m against this post. People stockpiling and preventing others from getting daily necessities is wrong. In the U.S., we have no reason for fear yet. Itā€™s just causing anxiety before needed. No one bothers to take the flu shot which can be just as deadly yet they freak all out about coronavirus. As a healthcare worker, it leaves me scratching my head. In Walmart today, the bleach, OTC drugs, and Spam, yes, SPAM were cleaned off the shelves. Itā€™s rediculous!

Last edited:
I remember all the concern about swine flu and sars and how the fear and news coverage at the time was way overboard compared to the actual threat. Not that I am not concern it is just another thing we have to deal with. The only big concern for me now is how China has dealt with it.

I remember all the concern about swine flu and sars and how the fear and news coverage at the time was way overboard compared to the actual threat. Not that I am not concern it is just another thing we have to deal with. The only big concern for me now is how China has dealt with it.
My daughter had swine flu with pneumonia and was extremely ill on an isolation ward for 4 days. She was 5. I don't want her to go through that again.

In the US, there are not many cases yet. Let's hope it stays that way and perhaps when warmer weather comes to all parts of the US, cononavirus will cease just like what happen every year for the flu when spring comes. Other parts of the world like Italy and China are hugely affected. Time will tell whether the US will have a wide outbreak....let's pray that the US doesn't. My sentiment also applies to other countries that are not yet widely affected.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back