Convict

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Pricey95

Reaction score
Looking to breed some HRP with convicts but wasn't 100% on of this is a female. Certainly looks like one

20210311_181012.jpg

Females have orange on the lower body belly area

Females have orange on the lower body belly area
Yeah this one does but not as vibrant as other convicts I've seen. You think it's a male then?

Attachments

• 20210311_181018.jpg
    20210311_181018.jpg
    251.6 KB · Views: 34
Yeah this one does but not as vibrant as other convicts I've seen. You think it's a male then?
How big is the fish? Could just be juvenile colours and the orange may come through more , even without the orange I’d say you have a female off the shape of the fins and shape of the face

How big is the fish? Could just be juvenile colours and the orange may come through more , even without the orange I’d say you have a female off the shape of the fins and shape of the face
It's fully grown. My friend got left with him in his 700l and needs it gone so was going to try cross breeding them. It's big I've got to say for a convict.

It's fully grown. My friend got left with him in his 700l and needs it gone so was going to try cross breeding them. It's big I've got to say for a convict.
Females are generally smaller , noticeably smaller , I would have a bet on female but I’m not 100% @Wills will tell you the definite answer ,

The pointy dorsal fin would make me think Male but if it is big as in fully grown at 5-6 inches I’d expect the head shape to be a bit blockier but I’d say Male overall

The pointy dorsal fin would make me think Male but if it is big as in fully grown at 5-6 inches I’d expect the head shape to be a bit blockier but I’d say Male overall
Yeah I had a feeling it was a male. Thanks for the info.

Now I don't have to waste my time haha

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back