Convict Tankmates

Snooks1!

Fish Addict
Joined
Dec 11, 2007
Messages
772
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Mid-east Missouri
I have just finished setting up a tank in my mum's office at work for her convict cichlids. She has realized that since one pair has spawned, that it would be a good idea to set up a tank just for them.


So, my question is of course, what tankmates will go well with convicts in a 30gal tank? The tank will for sure have 4 convicts; 2 males and 2 females I do believe. Or would it be best just to have it as a species only tank? Any help would be great.
 
I'm totally not sure, but i've heard they get very territorial when they breed, so if yours are breeding it might not be a good time to introduce new tank mates to their tank.
 
Moving them to a new tank so they don't harass the current occupants to death. Poor cories are all huddled in a corner.

I just want to know if there are any tank mates to keep with them, besides other convicts of course, for the new tank.
 

With the size tank youre going to put them in, I would refrain from adding anything else. An adult breeding pair will quickly take over a 30 gallon and defend it like the psychos they are. Trust me, after a short time you'll have plenty of babies in there to watch as well.
 

With the size tank youre going to put them in, I would refrain from adding anything else. An adult breeding pair will quickly take over a 30 gallon and defend it like the psychos they are. Trust me, after a short time you'll have plenty of babies in there to watch as well.


Aye, that's what I thought. Just figured if any tankmates were at all possible then I'd try them for her. Though I figured that I'd just end up stocking it with the pairs she has now.


Just have to figure out a way to transfer all those babies....
 

Most reactions

Back
Top