Converting From Feeder Fish To Pellet Type Food

rberkley1983

New Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2009
Messages
16
Reaction score
0
Points
0
I have 2 alligator gars, an arowana, a tiger shovelnose catfish, a shovelnose catfish, and a shovelnose/red tail hybrid. I have been feeding them live feeder fish and they all look like they are doing well. I have been told that if I feed only feeder fish that they can get sick.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to convert my fish from feeders to some kind of pellet food?

I tried sinking carnivore pellets and my catfish don't even care that they are there, and I have tried floating sticks for carnivores and my gars and arowana don't pay any attention to them.
 
How about buying something like pilchard oil and soaking the pellets in them so they give off a strong fishy smell? Just an idea??

Or you can buy raw fishmeal, wet your pellets and dust them with the fishmeal???

Angling shops have lots of different "soaks" designed specifically for predators such as pike...once they recognise the pellets as food I'd imagine you could do without the additives.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top