Continuous Improvement

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

woyzeck

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Continuous Improvement - Its the latest buzz word at work, and I thought id apply it here.
I joined this great Community back in September and have got a lot out of it already. Even dispensing some advice of my own, and thrown in the odd joke or two.
What have I learnt ? - Cycling a tank properly, with patience, Frequent water changes for regular maintenance and a larger one to save an ailing fish. Avoid chemicals as much as possible (preferably not all). Someone here said, nature doesn't use it, neither should we. Tetras are bastards in a sizable group. And fish are cute and all, but as another fish, show a sign of weakness, you're proper [stuffed].

Dont buy fish from bullspit franchise pet stores. And as Ferris Bueller said, 'remember to take look around you', there is a whole world outside the fish tank; being an Aquarist is bloody addictive..

Last edited:
Continuous Improvement - Its the latest buzz word at work, and I thought id apply it here.
I joined this great Community back in September and have got a lot out of it already. Even dispensing some advice of my own, and thrown in the odd joke or two.
What have I learnt ? - Cycling a tank properly, with patience, Frequent water changes for regular maintenance and a larger one to save an ailing fish. Avoid chemicals as much as possible (preferably not all). Someone here said, nature doesn't use it, neither should we. Tetras are bastards in a sizable group. And fish are cute and all, but as another fish, show a sign of weakness, you're proper [stuffed].

Dont buy fish from bullspit franchise pet stores. And as Ferris Bueller said, 'remember to take look around you', there is a whole world outside the fish tank; being an Aquarist is bloody addictive..
I am new and trying to learn. What chemicals do you mean to avoid? Like even conditioning water from the sink?

Thanks for asking- and I should probably correct that , API Water Conditioner I use when doing water changes, and I think it works well but that's it, and perhaps someone more astute can provide better advise; but yeah I used API ACCU -CLEAR on instruction from someone to clear milky looking water in my tank. Frigiin killed my favourite Red Crown Tail Fighter (with Aqua coloured markings, an Angel and these obscure thin Tetras I can no longer find (had these mad razor like yellow makings on top and bottom). Livid I tells ya. Someone here said - NO STOP, but it was too late. Contracts the particles in the water to run more easily thru the filter but also suffocates the fish by clogging their gills. Ive been told Sploh is better, but I wont be using it

Last edited:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back