Connecting External Filters

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

onemisterchristian

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Is it possible to connect two of the same model of external canister filters to eachother to increase the flow rate? A sort of filter daisychain, where the one filters return hose goes directly into the others' intake? Then the second one's return goes to the tank. I hope I'm making sense. I'm not really planning on doing it, just wondering if it would work.

surely some "T" junctions would be better, both filters sucking from the same intake and pumping out to the same out put, but both filtering the watter evenly, otherwise the second filter in the chain would be filtering clean watter and whats the point of that?

yea not a problem,

it would also depend what you were wanting to do it for... if you wanted to reate a stronger current, surely it would be easyer just to get a water pump and either have the filter feeding the pump or have the pump running independantly...

or if it was just for the extra filtration....

I have a fluval filter knocking about that i have no fittinbgs for i was thinking of seeing is i can some how hook it up to the reena one i have now much as i said before using t junctions in order to give my tank a huge amount of filterage, alowing me to over stock slightly...

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back