Conjoined Arowanas :'(

Why did you put a sad face underneath the link? The fish(es?) are obviously healthy and it happens in the natural world with all different types of animals, including humans.

I find it fascinating, to be honest, but that's the biologist in me speaking out. :P
 
I bet someones prepared to pay a small fortune for that fish. Not me though :P
 
Because I feel sorry for the fish on the bottom!
 
:/ seen that vid before.

How are they both 'happy' and healthy!? The one on the bottom not only has no quality of life at all but is just a parasite on the other fish. The lower one is also obviously nowhere near as healthy or colourful as it should be because of the reasons above and it can barely move or (presumably) feed for itself.

and it happens in the natural world with all different types of animals

Perhaps the biologist in you should have realised that a fish like that 'in the wild' would be eaten in an instant as its mobility limitations (i.e. the half dead fish dragging it down) would mean it's easy prey, and rightly so.

They/it should have been culled as a fry IMO.
 
Perhaps the biologist in you should have realised that a fish like that 'in the wild' would be eaten in an instant as its mobility limitations (i.e. the half dead fish dragging it down) would mean it's easy prey, and rightly so.
I never said that it would survive in the wild. In fact, I never mentioned the wild, but I did say that it happens in the natural world. Yes, an animal that is born like that will be eaten in an instant, I understand that. I also understand that this happens naturally to humans, cows, cats and, obviously, fish and I don't think it's really something to be sad about, but something to be intrigued about.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top