Congo puffer

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

emeraldking

Staff member
Global Moderator ⚒️
Reaction score
Video of the Tetraodon mirius also known as Congo puffer and Patato puffer. When kept, this species should kept solitary. For it might eat other species in the tank. Even if it's its own size. Buried in the sand, they quietly wait for their prey...
Tetraodon miurus is capable of metachrosis, and can voluntarily change colour. The colour may appear brown, orange, yellow, cream, olive green, grey, black and red. It will often change colour to camouflage against its surroundings.

Video of the Tetraodon mirius also known as Congo puffer and Patato puffer. When kept, this species should kept solitary. For it might eat other species in the tank. Even if it's its own size. Buried in the sand, they quietly wait for their prey...
Tetraodon miurus is capable of metachrosis, and can voluntarily change colour. The colour may appear brown, orange, yellow, cream, olive green, grey, black and red. It will often change colour to camouflage against its surroundings.
How large do they get?

Cool, I had a pea puffer many years ago, I did not have much information on it back then and it did not live more than a few months :( I now have done some research and maybe some day I will try again.

Cool, I had a pea puffer many years ago, I did not have much information on it back then and it did not live more than a few months :( I now have done some research and maybe some day I will try again.
Sorry to hear that you've lost that fish. But yes, puffers can be very interesting to keep. And not all puffers are the same in behavior.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back