Complete Mystery!

Lorraine1983

Fish Fanatic
Joined
May 26, 2009
Messages
69
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Swansea
Hi

I have a tank which consists of 3 pairs of different cat fish - all friendly. A foot plec; a kissing fish; 5 Mollies (2 of which are in a nursery due to give birth) And finally a pair of Gouramis.

I have left a plastic fry catcher in the tank incase any decided to give birth on me!! I woke up this morning to find my female molly in the fry catcher! I have no idea how she go in there as its a floating one! PLUS i found one of my male mollys gone! I've searched the tank and cant find him anywhere.. And to top it off i found some sort of bent over metal with a sponge on it! I'm so confused!

Anyone got any suggestions what may of hapened?? :blink:
 
What type of filter are you using? Did the tank have a hood? Do you have any pets that can get to the tank? Lastly did you check everywhere around the tank? Fish have been found in the filter before.
 
What type of filter are you using? Did the tank have a hood? Do you have any pets that can get to the tank? Lastly did you check everywhere around the tank? Fish have been found in the filter before.

When i bought the tank i was told to get two fiter systems for better water quality. So i bought the two ( more money than sence) The huge system i have runs outside the tank.. The tube which sucks up the water has a cover so the fish could ever fit through there. The other one is kept inside the tank and through the side. I looked around there but i cant see how it can fit through the tiny vents... Maybe its worth pulling it apart to see? Eww hope im not expecting anything to gruesome!
 
well I have heard many ways for them to get inside. Its worth a check just in case. Was there any dampness outside the tank when you realized the fish was gone?
 
well I have heard many ways for them to get inside. Its worth a check just in case. Was there any dampness outside the tank when you realized the fish was gone?

Just looked and there is nothing inside the filter. Pulled the whoe thing apart and there defintaly nothing.

No dampness around the tank either... Something must of happened though for the molly to jump in the fry catcher... Any other ideas? lol I'm all out of ideas
 
When my better half ran her tank down a few years ago (ie stopped replacing the fish as they passed on) we never did find the last guppy, even when we emptied the tank and stripped out all the ornaments etc.
 
anyone in your family done it as a joke?

hehe this sounds wierd XD
 
When my better half ran her tank down a few years ago (ie stopped replacing the fish as they passed on) we never did find the last guppy, even when we emptied the tank and stripped out all the ornaments etc.

I've just done a water change too and still cant find it! lol Dont understand which one of the fish could eat it as there all really community fish... I used to have a smaller tank before... One by one died. didnt have a clue what i was doing wrong til there was one left... It was a femle gourami and she had eaten the lot of them! lol You'd never think by looking at her but my female gourami her is new and she's been hiding out for a few days (not like her) so maybe she was just hungry!
 
i used to have 5 tetras and 1 plant at one point, woke up, 1 was gone, no trace at all, it was nowhere!

the LFS said if it passed away at night other fish ate it =/
 
anyone in your family done it as a joke?

hehe this sounds wierd XD

LOL i swear had someone had keys to my appartment, i would have thought they had done it! I even entertained the thought that maybe i was sleep walking and done it myself! lol Trust me, this has drove me nuts!! I do find they become active in the night... Who knows!! lol

i used to have 5 tetras and 1 plant at one point, woke up, 1 was gone, no trace at all, it was nowhere!

the LFS said if it passed away at night other fish ate it =/

OMG even tetras! Oh well two of my mollys are about to give birth so i think they will multiply before long! May post a few pics (when i work out how too!) and et people to guess when my fish will pop! lol

When my better half ran her tank down a few years ago (ie stopped replacing the fish as they passed on) we never did find the last guppy, even when we emptied the tank and stripped out all the ornaments etc.

Wow you must be close to still call her your better half and kill all you fish lol - True love that is lol
 

Most reactions

Back
Top