complaints about tanks

wrs

Michelle's Hot
Reaction score
this one is great

RE: Aqua View Plus fish tank - box shows 3 small goldfish in 1 gallon tank - informed by local pet store that shouldn't put more than 1 goldfish per 1 gallon of water

I recently bought the Aqua View Plus at our local Wal-Mart super center. The box showed 3 small goldfish in the tank. My son who is 5 years old really wanted a tank with 2 or 3 small goldfish.

When we got home the directions and our local pet store educated us that the rule is 1 inch fish per 1 gallon of water. Since this tank is 1 gallon we can not have 3 small goldfish in it.

I am very dissatisfied, I have wasted my money and my son still does not have the tank he wants.
The picture on the box is very misleading to beginners!!!!!

Crystal

[email protected]
or bowtieaisva.net

they told her 1 gallon per goldfish! what kind of an idiot would tell some one that.

I know how she feels. It bugs me. I wish they wouldn't do that. And I wish places that know better wouldn't sell bowls labelled as goldfish bowls(including my place of employment). When I see fish in ads or movies in too small of a tank, I freak out. Look what my job has done to me!

i bought my daughter an eclipse explorer 5 gal last weekend to replace her bowfront(long story you don't want to hear) and the picture on the front had about 25 platies and such on it. glad i knew better. she has 1 betta and 3 otos.

i bought a 5 gal and on the cover it has 10 neons and 5 guppys.

ye right like im gonna do that

i just put my livebearer fry in there

URKS me 2.......someone who didn't know any better would totally think it was ok to have all those fish in there.

They should at least have a disclaimer stating the 1" of fish per gallon rule somewhere on the box, and a note about goldfish requirements!

But then again they would never sell any if people knew the truth!

Most reactions

Back