Compatible fish with my current ones

extraclip

Reaction score
I want to buy more fish because my tank seems bare. Its hard for me to buy fish because I have an aggressive cichlid. I bought a lot of fish which he has killed.

I got a:
50 gallon tank
One Butterkoferi about 6 inches
One Black Ghost about 5 Inches
Two Spotted Rapheal about 2 Inches
Two Striped Rapheal about 4 Inches

I had these fish together great for about a year. I've been adding fish on and off because the fish hide besides the cichlid my tank seems bare. Anything you reccommend which wouldnt be too high maintence/costly/ or would cause problems. Theres only two fish I succesfully had in the tank with these guys. I had some pictus catfish which I lost because they had ick really bad. I had an arrowana but it jumped out when wasnt home.

Fish I've tried and deaths:
One small pleco. I found his skull while cleaning the tank....
One jumbo pleco. His stomach was riped open by the cichlid.
Four iridencent sharks. I fogot how they died but they did.

So just tell me some fish ideas. :thumbs:

Edit: ah what the hell why is it in this forum would a mod please move this to tropical chit chat

Sometimes it takes a while for a mod to find your post. And anyway :hi: yet another new member, this is probably the biggest fish forums on the web, so you will find plenty of members to help you with your problems! There is often loads of :kewlpics: and stuff!

Tell us more about your fish! Although, it will probably be moved fairly soon anyway!

I am pretty sure most of those fish are way too big for a 50 gallon. I know that a single iridescent shark needs 100 gallons at least to be happy, much less 4 in a 50. How you were able to cram them in that tank is beyond what I can handle :X . I guess they must've been small at the time. If you are having problems with the cichlid killing stuff, why not just get rid of it instead of constantly buying it chew toys?

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back