Compatibility / Identification

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Boston-Celtic

Reaction score
Hey ladies/fellas, so over the weekend I visited my local fish store just to take a look. As usual I saw some fish that I had to bring home. I have a 55 gallon at home with 5 cichlids and a pleco. At the pet store I saw that they had a fish in the same tank with some cichlids. The guy told me the fish was compatible with them so I brought one home along with a green terror. I was wondering if you guys could help me identify the fish that they store owner told me was compatible with the cichlids. I will post some pictures of the fish below. Secondly I know the green terror is a new world cichlid but the store owner told me that they hold their own with old world cichlids. Any opinions or suggestions as to the green terror being with my cichlids? 

image1 (3).JPG

image3.JPG

image2 (2).JPG

it looks like a flying fox. If it is it will become incredibly aggressive once it hits full maturity and won't be a good tank mate for a general community tank

Your photo's are the wrong way up though and not very clear so getting clearer photo's will help

Green terror, being an american cichlid is a soft water species, African cichlids from the lakes are hard water fish. Whether they could co-exist without killing each other is a moot point as they won't both be in water that suits them so probably shouldn't be kept together.

Most reactions

Back