Committed Or Should Be Comitted?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Mamba

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I am pretty new to the hobby tbh but if someone had have told me that on a friday night at half past midnight that I would be sat babysitting my goldfish and small Koi I would have said they'd be barking!!

And yet this is exactly what i'm doing!!

I have a 5ft tank with a mixture of common/comet goldfish and small koi and a 3ft tank with fancy goldfish and a couple of juvenile Pleco's. The tanks are set up in one of the rooms upstairs in an old house. This house does not have insulation in the roof (It will be getting done up soon). As a the temp rose steadily to 25.9 in the 5ft and 25.4 in the 3ft. Right now I could be running a Tropical tank for free (Heat wise)!! This is a bit of a worry as the top wack for Koi is supposed to be about 24 and 26 for Goldfish according to all the literature. I have no electric fans so i've taken the tops off and am watching them and hoping desperately than none jump out.The windows are open and now i'm getting plagued by moths!! You really can't win!!

Temp is actually down in the tanks over this past hour. Ambient temp I can feel is also cooling slightly so I should be able at least to put the condensation covers back on. 5ft tank is down to 24.8 and the 3ft is down to 24.5.
I have some ice coolers, the sort you use in a cool bag. I could have used some of them but tbh I was worried about to big a drop too quickly. Don't want to shock them after all.

Temp has come down .1-.2 degress in both even with the condensation covers. They look like they're ready for a kip so, i'll think i'll oblige and turn the room light off.

Oh forgot to mention by the way, i'm not in Texas where it's been hitting over 100 degrees F i'm in Northern Ireland where we rarely if ever have this problem!!

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back