Comic Book Classicals - Down Memory Lane...

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Ludwig Venter

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator ⚒️
Reaction score
In the early 1950's, I started reading comic books and I'm so sorry I did not keep them...

There was the action comics which included Superman, Spiderman, Batman and the likes and then the Looney tunes characters like Daffy Duck, Baby Hughey, Little Audrey, Woody Woodpecker, Porky pig, Casper the friendly Ghost, The harvey comics included Sad sack, Wendy Witch, Little Lotta, Richie rich, and of course Walt disney was ever around with Mickey Mouse, Uncle Scrooge, Donald duck,and lastly, I cannot remember which group Archie (with Veronica, betty, Jughead, Moose, and Reggie fell into and also Billy Bunter...

Now... Give away your age and add a couple to that list....

For me, it was all about the artists. Jack Kirby, Herb Trimpe, Gene Colan, Steve Ditko.........

Dave.

the only comic books i have read are the beano and dandy annuals. i think the oldest one is 2003, which doesn't make me old. :D but i prefer the pfk mag and the airgunner mag. ;)

I too used to read the beano. I have some in my step dads attic dated from the 60s. Not that I was born then.

Got to say tho, as far as artwork is concerned, frank miller is the man. Liked his elektra, and batman, but my fave artwork of his has to be in the sin city series.

Most reactions

Back