🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

emeraldking

Staff member
Global Moderator ⚒️
Reaction score
One of my livebearer community tanks...
This community tank contains: Skiffia multipunctata, Xiphophorus nezahualcoyotl and Limia islai.
425733862_2119093535108394_3389501972700525798_n.jpg

One of my livebearer community tanks...
This community tank contains: Skiffia multipunctata, Xiphophorus nezahualcoyotl and Limia islai.
View attachment 336354
cool fins on the Skiffia multipunctata. I have never seen those in a LFS here. It the one in the middle on the right? Honestly, I don't think I've seen any of those here (Atlanta, GA USA). Like Davros, I had to look them up. Are they common in the Netherlands? Cool looking fish, for sure.

Xiphophorus was the only word I recognized and I was off base on that too, had to look them all up- thanks for the education
Xiphophorus is the genus that swordtails and platies belong to. As you know, I love wild livebearer species a lot.
cool fins on the Skiffia multipunctata. I have never seen those in a LFS here. It the one in the middle on the right? Honestly, I don't think I've seen any of those here (Atlanta, GA USA). Like Davros, I had to look them up. Are they common in the Netherlands? Cool looking fish, for sure.
If you mean the one with those vertical bars, that's the Limia islai. Bottom left, you see two X.nezahualcoyotl. Most speckled one with a goldish body is a Chapalichthys pardalis. I had all of those C.pardalis to another tank. I just forgot to move this one as well. All the rest (different sizes) are Skiffia multipunctata.

A lot of goodeids "can" be a bit aggressive (and a small number really aggressive). But both Skiffia multipunctata and Chapalichtys pardalis are very friendly.

For some strange reason that Limia islai has been preoccupying my thoughts . A mind visual not unlike the “earworm” that haunts music buffs . However , why get myself all fuzzed up over a fish that will NEVER appear in my neck of the woods ? Maybe I should join the ALA and put out some feelers .

Most reactions

Back