Columnaris

Chris #

Fish Fanatic
Joined
Jul 8, 2007
Messages
70
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Halifax UK
Hi all,

Firstly a big thankyou to everyone who responded to my emergency thread helping me to identify and treat the disease.

To cut a long story short I have lost 95% of my stock to this outbreak caused by a couple of guppys I introduced to the tank from a questionable source. I suppose I have learned my lesson the hard way. Gutted is not the word as I had bred almost all the Guppies myself.

Despite treatement I have still lost a few more over the last few days, including my last male, but I'm hoping things are looking up now as none of the remaining fish are showing any visible symptoms (it starts with white fluff around the mouth area).

The big question for me now is when will I know my tank is disease free and how long should I leave it before I start a gradual restocking?

The tank is 144L, is currently showing pH 7.2 and 0 Ammonia/Nitrite... water quality was never the issue.

Current stock : - 2 mature female guppies and around 30 fry at various stages of development.


Thanks again for your help.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top