Colourful Fish, High Ph

youngfisher

Marine Keeper..
Joined
Apr 20, 2009
Messages
3,105
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Leicester
Well.
My dad got me to ask this question.
He has the 40l Arcadia Arc.
Sand + Ocean Rock.
Ovbiously I keep telling him its way to small for cichlids.
So he is wanting a nice list of "colourful" fish that would be suitable.
I know the list will be small.
But just to shut him up I have posted this.
Also, He is wondering if shrimp can be kept with ocean rock?
Thanks!

YF
 
Multi's are shell dwellers that are somewhat colorful. But, thats about as good as it gets with cichlids for such a small tank. On the non cichlid side, mollies LOVE high Ph's and are very colorful.
 
It doesnt matter if there not cichlids.
I told him this.
The only mollys we can get are black and white and dalmation.
I think he wants more colour than them.
Thanks for that though.

YF
 
i dont know lol :S

can you get a pH treatment to lower pH? im sure you can :S

how about micro rasboras or pygmy neon green tetras?
 
Your blue ram tank has ocean rock and the pH is decent isn't it? So maybe some apistos in that 40L. With some tetra as dither and a couple platy or gourami.
 
Just to let you know.
I am taking notice to all of your posts.
And telling my dad the options.
The blue rams are in my dads tank now.
Well one of his.
But he is giving them his work mate who has a few of them in a 20g.

YF
 
Paradise fish a male with a couple of females and guppies with some Crystal red shrimp.
 
Just to let you know.
I am taking notice to all of your posts.
And telling my dad the options.
The blue rams are in my dads tank now.
Well one of his.
But he is giving them his work mate who has a few of them in a 20g.

YF

german blue rams is a pair to 20gallon :S

o well :)

i think some nano fish like tetras would be cool :good:
 
Have you been to dobbies yet. not far from A5 and they always have a good range of fish in.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top