Colombian red fin problems

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Hassan 2021

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi guys my endless problems with my Colombian red fin continues. I have noticed my tetras develop these black spots one tetra that I lost started off with spots like that which became darker and increased in diameter it bloated quite heavily and then passed away.

My waters parameters are all fine and I regularly check them I also keep on top of my weekly water changes including gravel vac.

My tetras share their tank with tiger barbs rosy barbs and corydoras, all my other fishes are doing just fine.

I have tried asking my LFS and no-one seems to be able to help me I have even treated my whole tank with anti internal bacteria treatment but these dreaded spots just never go away.

Please help guys. (

Attachments

• 20210617_202502.jpg
    20210617_202502.jpg
    144 KB · Views: 32
  • 20210617_202437.jpg
    20210617_202437.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 30
Hi guys my endless problems with my Colombian red fin continues. I have noticed my tetras develop these black spots one tetra that I lost started off with spots like that which became darker and increased in diameter it bloated quite heavily and then passed away.

My waters parameters are all fine and I regularly check them I also keep on top of my weekly water changes including gravel vac.

My tetras share their tank with tiger barbs rosy barbs and corydoras, all my other fishes are doing just fine.

I have tried asking my LFS and no-one seems to be able to help me I have even treated my whole tank with anti internal bacteria treatment but these dreaded spots just never go away.

Please help guys. (

Attachments

• 20210519_150447.jpg
    20210519_150447.jpg
    169.5 KB · Views: 31
  • 20201010_200730.jpg
    20201010_200730.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 28
  • 20201003_201806.jpg
    20201003_201806.jpg
    155.6 KB · Views: 28
This is not normal, but I will not begin to guess as to what it is or could be. We have members much more experienced in this area, but they are going to want more data. Tank size, total number (species and numbers) of fish, how long has it been running. When you do water tests, always post the resulting number; "fine" may not be fine, and we also don't know which tests. Parameters refers to GH, KH, pH and temperature (it can help to give us these if you know them) while conditions refers to tests like ammonia, nitrite, nitrate.

This is not normal, but I will not begin to guess as to what it is or could be. We have members much more experienced in this area, but they are going to want more data. Tank size, total number (species and numbers) of fish, how long has it been running. When you do water tests, always post the resulting number; "fine" may not be fine, and we also don't know which tests. Parameters refers to GH, KH, pH and temperature (it can help to give us these if you know them) while conditions refers to tests like ammonia, nitrite, nitrate.
Hi

I have a 180 litre tank housing 2 Colombian red fins (2 of 6 I had) 4 rosy barbs 8 tiger barbs and 2 corydoras.

Nitrite 0
Ammonia fluctuates between 0 and 0.2

I do weekly 35% water changes

Hi

I have a 180 litre tank housing 2 Colombian red fins (2 of 6 I had) 4 rosy barbs 8 tiger barbs and 2 corydoras.

Nitrite 0
Ammonia fluctuates between 0 and 0.2

I do weekly 35% water changes
Sorry I forgot to add my temperature is steady 26c however last few days it has climbed up to 27c

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back