Cobbles,slate,sand Egg Crate

teddyman5

Fish Fanatic
Joined
Feb 12, 2005
Messages
179
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Near Leeds, W.Yorks
Just going to re-do my 80 gallon tank.Currently has gravel and clay pots, a few plastic plants with a bit of mopani.
Fancy changing the gravel for sand and using some cobbles and mopani with maybe some slate.Do I need to use egg crate?
Tank is 6ft x 2ft x 18".
Any thoughts on the decor or how I should do it or any other suggestions?
Occupants will be several synodontis, angels, bala sharks and a couple of larger cichlids.Also looking for a couple of sorubim lima but then the angels would go in another tank.
 
Egg crates are best used to tie down Riccia fluitans. So unless you want to anchor something down with the egg crate, the egg crate would not be unnecessary.

-FHM
 
I used eggcrate as a bed under my sand, not to make the glass stronger, but just to protect it if i drop one of the rocks, cant see the harm, but not completely necessary
 
I guess that is a good safety precaution to add egg crate then.

I just never heard of someone using it like that, which is why I posted what I did.

-FM
 

Most reactions

Back
Top