Co2?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

TekFish

Fish Addict
Reaction score
I wanted to add a co2 system into my tank, but it seems very expensive...In case you can't see my sig I've got a 200L tank, which in my opinion is quite heavily planted, but I guess others would say otherwise. Can you say how much I would need to use and the best deal on co2 refills?

Tek oot.

Heya, I have a 200L tank as well and I've already got my CO2 Tubing and Reg, Just waiting on a few other things then am going high tech planted. The only issue is you need high lighting to use CO2, Else it's pretty useless. You have you have around 80watts but is it T5 or T8? 

You can use low lighting just fine, will defo boost the growth, not like high lighting but your plants will be happier.

CO2 is one of those things that's easy to set up expensively, not actually too hard to DIY and if you spend money up front makes for big savings long term.

Small systems are cheap but need fresh bottles on a remarkably regular basis, and those aren't all that cheap for a regular replacement item.

Higher end systems are expensive but come with bottles that will last you for months and can be refilled for a relatively small fee given how long they last.

Personally, if you're going to do it, I'd DIY it with a pub bottle or fire extinguisher.

What prices did you find and what is your budget.  It need not be expensive.

Fire Ex £0-20
Reg with solenoid £30-50
Good inline diffuser £15-30
Bubble counter £5
Drop checker and fluid £5-10
CO2 tubing £5-10

Maximum 110? Doesn't seem too bad seeing the minimum is 60.

Tek oot.

Esp if you consider that a JBL Pro Flora costs about £300.

Huh, FE if anything I guess then...

Tek oot.

Or pub bottle, whatever you can get.

How dangerous is it to do the FE?

TekFish

Less dangerous than using it to fight a fire.....

Just set mine up with a co2 fire extinguisher.

Very easy, just remove the horn, screw on the regulator, plug it in and turn it on. Then slowly press the trigger and duct tape it open.

WHATEVER you do, please dont take the pin out when the horn is off. If you slip and get 30 bar of co2 in your face it wont tickle. You might not have a face left

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back