Co2 Systems

ramaseseniblikxviii

Fish Fanatic
Joined
Nov 6, 2005
Messages
110
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Wrexham,N.Wales
what do you think, an inexpensive Diy system or a commercial system for mucho deniro, they both have there pros and cons, and pesonally i favour the diy version, because of the costs involved( and there is a bit of a space issue around my tank)
Anyone else?
 
This should help...

http://www.fishforums.net/index.php?showtopic=105266

Personally I started with Nutrafin kits, moved onto DIY and now have a full JBL setup including pH probe and solenoid.

I would never even think of going back on my main tank, but if I was to get another planeted tank around the 20 gallon mark, I'd go with DIY for the cheapness, but miss the reliability and lack of bother you get with pressurised.
 
DIY is alot cheaper (only yeast and sugar), and you can't really overdose w/ CO2. Those are pretty much the only advantages of DIY vs pressurized systems.

Presurized systems will run around US$150-$200, but then you don't have to redo the solution every week, you can control exactly how much CO2 is going into the aquarium, and you can turn it off at night.

This is crucial becuase CO2 is part of the aquarium's plant nutrient balance that when disrupted gives rise to algae and poor plant growth.

It's alot easier to have a good planted tank setup with pressurized CO2, but if you're new or not that serious but would like to see the benefit of having a CO2 system, then go DIY.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top