Co2 injection

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

I`ve got my outlet tube just in, so none of the gases go round it, whilst inside that way all the gases go up, when it rises, i don`t think it makes much of a difference aslong as u don`t leading into the solution :hyper: :crazy: ...

Stickle back!!!
The botle is jusy below the water level. I have my plants in a seperate tank, just a small 2.5 ft x 2ft i have my fish in 6ft x 2ft x 2ft, which is where the plants will end up eventually, i just at the moment have a strip light, on the small, tank, but on the bigger tank i have two strip lights one is for standard light, the other is a kinda uv thingy that brings out the colours on the fish. I think that the plants will prob be better in the bigger tank, but i don`t want the fish to demolish em, just yet :sad: :thumbs: :blink: ..
I think the solution is workin, i`m getting algea growing on the front glass, so hopefully its workin, i`ve not seen much improvment on the plants just yet,but i`ll give to the end of the week.. and i`ll let u guys know..

:blush: :S :fun:

i hope i can be of sum help, to some people, i`m just startin out myself, so if i am doin something wrong, i don`t being told otherwise.. :thumbs: :rolleyes: :lol:

Sorry everyone. Haven't been in much for a few days. I'll post some elaboration after I do some catch up surfing... :D

how do u add ur own images on ere, so i can show the setup i`ve got?? :blink: :S :fun:

for anyone interested i just found this its about half way down the page and its a diy kit for building a co2 reactor canister lines valves etc priced at 15.99 gonna get one and see how i go! will let u know by the way heres the url co2 maker

I`ve cracked it :)

I made 2 diy bottles
Have plastic bowl
A plastic rectangle container

Now i have placed prick holes into both sides of the plasitic container, and two bigger holes one either side for the outlet tubes.. Now i`ve placed the plastic bowl upside down keeping the air inside it, like a vaccum.. now i`ve placed the plastic container under it, so that it does`nt float the top.. Now when the co2 enters the plastic container it compresses the water out of the the little prick holes.. so all that is in the plastic container is co2 underneath the water :) now every so often the co2 forces it way out of the prick holes aswell breaking down as it leaves and disperses in to the water... any bubbles that try to make it to the surface get cought underneath the plastic bowl and pop there still in the water and not into the atomsphere..
I hope that this makes sense, if i knew how to add a pic onto here then i would... hope i`m doing ok.. :fun: :thumbs: :fun: :blink: :D :fun:

sounds fine to me, cant wait for mine to get here! got all the kit for diy one might make that up for other tank and see what is better!

i`ve got two tanks one is just a small one, the other i`ve got is a 6ft one, where the plants will end up...

just bought a ph test kit as well cos i think i may need one lol

Cyrosi

I tried to order 1 but they don`t have em in stock :sad: :angry: :-(
They said they wud e-mail me, but they do look cool, and for £20 for the kit and the extra supplies, its not bad at all. thx for the link.. :)

yeah they emailed me yesterday and said the stock is coming in friday! so hopefully it will all come next week! oh and i got given an other tank so its coming next week wooohooo! now where to hide it *sneaks around house* :lol: :lol:

Peg, sounds like you are under way. The Hagen kit looks like a good deal. I might lookinto one myself.

I was questioned about PH stability. My water is real hard, so I don't encounter many problems. If one does experience a ph drop, check your hardness and then you could buffer the ph back up with an additive. Just make sure the additive does not contain any phosphate, as many do. Otherwise you will get the mother of all algae blooms.. :)

the hagen GL if u go to http://www.bigalsonline.com its cheaper for people in the us! its about 4/5ths of the way down on page.
that about 13/14 £ here not much cheaper but still a packeet of feed for it lol

Sounds like a nice cheap system (think this is the one Rose is using?) and beats making it yourself for 16 quid.

Keep us upto date when you get it cry.

:)

Most reactions

trending

Members online

No members online now.
Back