Co2 injection

I`m going to try the diy version, but how many bottles will i need for a tank sized 6ft x 2ft x 2ft?? :-( :fun: :blink:

Ia dded a reply but dunno if it showed up on the msseage board, as i could`nt see it.. :unsure: :sad:
But anywayz i was woundering if if anyone could tell me how bottles would i have to use for tank sized 6ft x 2ft x 2ft, i don`t wanna ova power it with co2 thats all.. thx...
:thumbs: :D

so i need 2 liter bottle with a hole in the cap an airline with check valve, half fill bottle with water(cold) add 2 cups of white sugar shake then add 1/2 teaspoon of baking yeast leave for the day then put in tank . rite how much airline from tank to bottle minium/maxium how far in the tank should the pipe go down? i guess u can put a switch valve on the pipe to trun it on and offor dont u need one? an air stone on end of pipe! can this sytem be used for a short period just to strat them off then reuse it again later, or doesit need to be kept goign 24/7/365.......

Let me make afew changes to that, fill the 2L bottle just under 2/3 with water add the suger, bring it to room temp, then get 1/2 - 1 cup of WARM not HOT water mix the 1/2 teaspoon of yeast into the water, then add that to the bottle.

The bottle to needs to have a hole to fit the airline in as tight as possible, then seal it with silicone/glue of some sort. The airline position is abit tricky, u want to have it as far down as possible to more of the co2 dissolves on the way up, but with it being far down, it needs more pressure to push the bubbles in. The other option is to let the bubbles float up behind a power filter so that get sucked in and mashed up by the impeller. Those little aquafizz airsones tend to just disintagrate after a month or 2, so i dont use them anymore.

I dont use a check valve. The co2 should be kept running all the time, but u may need to add an airstone at night only if there's a build up of co2 during the night.

-HTH

wil try and build one monday and see how i go!

Hi,
I tried a ketchup bottle the squeezy bottle kind that had a hole at the top of the cap, the air line fits in perfect and its stiff, i also tried a mix, 3/4 of water, 1/2 cup of sugar, and teaspoon of beer yeast, after about 30 mins, the bubbles where coming through the tank, i hope that this wil work, as i hope that it is co2..... :hyper: :blink: :lol:

Peg, it is that easy. It should be run on a constant basis, not intermittently. Also, I have set mine on the floor inside the stand, but you must use a checkvalve in ANY hose that has one end below the tank.

Hi Lakes, i`ve had it on contantly fo about 1 day 1/2 how long do i wait b4 i see some growth, i mean should it a week or just a couple of days.. i`m just unsure it`ll work, i read one of rose`s reply`s, and she said 6" in 2 hours, now if thats true, where the hell am i going wrong????

Macpegg :sad: ;) :huh:

one last question before i take a plunge! if the ph crashes fro any reason what the best way to recover it! after reading pro and cons of this i'd like to have plants that grow afterall

macpegg said:
Hi Lakes, i`ve had it on contantly fo about 1 day 1/2 how long do i wait b4 i see some growth, i mean should it a week or just a couple of days.. i`m just unsure it`ll work, i read one of rose`s reply`s, and she said 6" in 2 hours, now if thats true, where the hell am i going wrong????

Macpegg :sad: ;) :huh:
How quick the plants grow dependa upon MANy other factors, Co2 being just one, what lights do u have? size of tank ? any fertilisers?

Great Lakes said:
Peg, it is that easy. It should be run on a constant basis, not intermittently. Also, I have set mine on the floor inside the stand, but you must use a checkvalve in ANY hose that has one end below the tank.
Oh sorry, i thort by check valve he meant a one way valve thingy Do'H :X Yeah u do need one if them if u have the bottle lower than the water level!

mmmm still looking for a solution if the ph crashing, how to correct it quick with out losing too many fish!
only solution so far i been told is a major water change....

well the only way u would know is when the fish start dieing anyway rite? :eek: ....or u can test the water every 10 mins for afew days ;) :rolleyes: :blink: :thumbs:

every 10 mins! lol i need to buy a test kit for that! shhhhhhh! not owned one for years never had a major problem only used to get them for the discus we used to breed

so u fill the bottle up 2/3 of the way how far in should the tube be in the bottle an inch 2 inches 3 inches ?? cheers

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back