Co2 In Nano

jakeroberts

Fishaholic
Reaction score
hi all i was thinking of setting up a diy co2 in my 2.5 gallon nano planted tank right now it has combomba, java fern, pennywort. it will eventually get cchanged to just hairgrass and riccia but right now i don't have the money. the fish i have in it is 1 betta

1) what size bottles would you use in such a small setup i was thinking of either a 600ml or a 1 litre bottle also i was just going to run it through a airstone ?

my light wattage is 40 watt that stays on for 4 hours a day the rest is just from sunlight

the tank is unfiltered but i will be getting a filter that hangs on the back pretty soon

plz help

kind regards
jakeroberts

I used a 500ml bottle on a five-gallon defused with a nano glass diffuser if the mixture was too strong it was enough to overdose the tank. I had a hob filter and with the right mix I would get enough Co2 to get almost a full point ph drop. I expect using an airstone would give you enough Co2 for 2.5 gallons with a 600ml bottle, turn it on when you are around so that you can move the airstone closer to the surface if the betta is stressed by the Co2.

well i was thinking because bettas breath from the surface it wouldn't affect him as much if somthing happened with the co2 also wat recipe would u use

anyone? i really need a fast anwser

Check the sticky on Nutrafin CO2. The recipe in that should be fine :)

I don't think using an airstone will work too well though. I've tried this and it was pretty crap. Might be worth getting hold of a Nutrafin kit with a ladder?

I am 'guessing' that a 600ml bottle would need filled about 2 inches up with sugar, add yeast, add water to maybe 2-3 inches below the bottle cap.

Most reactions

Back