Co2 From Fire Extinguisher.

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Sorry to hijack this is a good thread, prity informative.

I have a jbl bottle, i after getting a larger bottle ment for pubs/clubs where would you get the adapter from to convert the jbl thread to standard.

Sorry to hijack this is a good thread, prity informative.

I have a jbl bottle, i after getting a larger bottle ment for pubs/clubs where would you get the adapter from to convert the jbl thread to standard.

As far as i know you use some wet and dry and file down the offending piece on the JBL regulator, it should only take about 15 minutes and then it should fit, apperantly if you have the regulator and a standard co2 cylinder its easy to see which piece to file, if i remember correctly its a sort of metal collar on the jbl that you need to get rid of, it looks silver but underneath its brass and easy to file down.

Yes I too GET my Co2 Tanks filled at a Fire Extingquisher Place.

BUT ONLY WITH STRAIGHT Co2.

You MUST BE CAREFUL and Specify Exactally you WANT only Co2 AND NOTHING ELSE........

But the tanks I use come from a Local Pet Supplier, through my LPS, Got Huge Discount as opposed to buying them striaght out myself. :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

I personally WOULD NOT Risk converting a USED Fire Extingquisher over to use on My Fish Tanks... -_-

While Yes it can be done, Using a used Extingquisher could pose a problem of Contamination to your fish, With other Chems that are used in a Co2 Extingquisher.

Now unless you are talking about a Virgin Extingquisher that has Never Been Filled before, That wouldn't Hurt.

But ONE that has been used as an Extingquisher Before, to me.

JUST ISN'T WORTH the Little $$$$$$$$$$$$ Saved, as to the Well Being of My Fish. :)

I researched into this too...

Fire extinguisher CO2 'does exactly what it says on the tin'. It is pure Co2 & nothing else. They can't risk putting any other susbstance in their because of fire risk problems. They are filled using a 'british standard' standard of conformity which specifies this.

Check this pic out. This is just using the 'squeeze the handles with cable tie route' on a 200gal marine tank. Chap's been using it for a couple of years now apparently with no problems.

post-3-1111185671.jpg

I researched into this too...

Fire extinguisher CO2 'does exactly what it says on the tin'. It is pure Co2 & nothing else. They can't risk putting any other susbstance in their because of fire risk problems. They are filled using a 'british standard' standard of conformity which specifies this.

Check this pic out. This is just using the 'squeeze the handles with cable tie route' on a 200gal marine tank. Chap's been using it for a couple of years now apparently with no problems.

post-3-1111185671.jpg

I MAY Stand Corrected....

Gee would'nt BE the first time.... :lol:

My Only concern is the British Standard the Same as over here in the U.S.A???

I know at One time they were Putting in a Powder type Substance much like "BAKING SODA" that would Help Enhance the Action of the Co2....

The only thing there would be Maybe a rapid change in the Waters PH...
If a Used Extingquisher were to be USED...

But an Unused Extingquisher "SHOULD" Pose no problem What So Ever........ :thumbs:

we (that means I) use 390g (or 600g) disposable CO2 canisters used for welding.

they are about £8 for the 600 and last plenty long enough to forget the last time you bought one (still on our fist after 3-4 months)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back