Co2 By Citric Acid And Baking Soda Setup

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

vinni

Reaction score
Is anyone familiar with this process ? I ordered a kit off of ebay and the thing arrived today. I was quite excited but the directions are all in Chinese. My bad for not requesting english directions with it. Anyway I could prbably use yeast co2 method with the setup ? Here is a link to what I got so maybe someone can help out ? http://www.ebay.com/itm/271199447440

Thanks in advance for any info anyone can give. I am experienced with the yeast injection but not sure if this set up will work.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Interesting kit, I like the screw cap for bottles. You could use yeast for it. Just use one bottle instead of two. Still produces co2.

What size is your tank because  i used the yeast method on a 350L tank and a 250 L tank with no luck i had 2 4L bottles makign the co2 and i tested the water with a co2 tester and seemed like it was not giving off much co2. So i  wouldn't recommend the yeast method unless you have a lot of time on your hands to keep chasing and mixing the new mix for the yeast.

I actually got a msg from them this morning I will post pics once I have it up and running. Seems easy enough to set up with this combo

1. For this project, you will need 2-liter soda bottles to start.
2. Bottle A, dissolve 200g of citric acid into 600ml of water
3. Bottle B, dissolve 200g soda into 200ml of water
4. cap the bottle A with CAP A and bottle B with CAP B accordingly
5. Squeeze bottle A, citric acid will run into bottle B and some bubbles comes out from bottle B.
6. Squeeze bottle A again more and more bubbles will comes out from bottle B
7. stop the squeezing until the pressure meter shows 1.5 kg/cm2
8. Adjust the Pneumatic Flow Controller until the bubbles comes from the diffuser,
9. Repeat 5-7, if the pressure below 1.5kg/cm2
10. Every three to four weeks, check on your system to confirm the bubbles are still strong and present, that the tubing is clear of blocks and without leaks and to check the silicone caulking. About every month you will need to take the bottles out and replace the contents with a new yeast mixture.

nick1200 said:
What size is your tank because  i used the yeast method on a 350L tank and a 250 L tank with no luck i had 2 4L bottles makign the co2 and i tested the water with a co2 tester and seemed like it was not giving off much co2. So i  wouldn't recommend the yeast method unless you have a lot of time on your hands to keep chasing and mixing the new mix for the yeast.

I have a 29 gallon tank and I got great results with yeast but I also had eco complete substrate and really good 65w 6500k bulbs for lighting. I changed out the yeast about once a week. looking fw to getting this up and running again.

Can you coordinate this to only release CO2 into the tank 2 hours before the lights come on, and shut down 2 hours before they go off?

And can you post a few pics of this? :hey:

BTW, does anyone else see the irony in the name of the product being sold as "Complete DIY CO2 system Kit + CO2 atomizer diffuser included"

If you have to buy a "premade kit" its not exactly "DIY". :D

Nor is it a complete kit if it has to have an add on included.

I suspect you'll end up with yeast in this eventually, as the running cost is essentially sugar once you've got started.

I'd still use the second bottle for yeast, just as a trap.

Will be interesting to see how controllable it is though.

ohmy.png

I didn't look at it that closely!  Good catch.

So, the name should be:  "Pre-fab partial kit for CO2 injection without a fire extinguisher + additional piece" (some assembly required)

I was justing thinking of building this system. Was wondering about the pressure gauge, for read that 1 on Ebay has a built in safety valve. Does the pressure gauge you got have the safety valve? Is it just a valve to release outside the gauge?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back