Clown Loach Problem

Yes ye weight was tested and the desk algae allot of support I can stand on it with the current tank on :D

And Tizer yes I understand and we hav had the fish for over amonth now so no need to take them back I just want a bigger tank that's it tbh :) and we won't get any more loaches for a while at least untill like you said we have more experience the tank has been cycled properly and we did do it properly in be first place before we had the loach problem we got water tested and was perfect so I guess the Loaches got ich from crowded space so bigger tank for our. Irene fish got some advice on what to do with current fish and we will proceeded down hat route :) but thank you for giving advices and help all taken in and I'm take a note loaches pull up plants :)

Yes ye weight was tested and the desk algae allot of support I can stand on it with the current tank on :D

And Tizer yes I understand and we hav had the fish for over amonth now so no need to take them back I just want a bigger tank that's it tbh :) and we won't get any more loaches for a while at least untill like you said we have more experience the tank has been cycled properly and we did do it properly in be first place before we had the loach problem we got water tested and was perfect so I guess the Loaches got ich from crowded space so bigger tank for our. Irene fish got some advice on what to do with current fish and we will proceeded down hat route :) but thank you for giving advices and help all taken in and I'm take a note loaches pull up plants :)

You say that you have had the fish for over a month so there is no need to take them back. I'd say thats exactly why you should be taking them back! They arent suitable for your tank and they will only suffer for however long it takes you to get a new tank setup. You said near the start of this thread that the prices on eBay were scaring you but later in the thread you said money was no issue?

Above you mention that you 'did it properly this time' im afraid to say you didnt, you added fish far too early, your tank wasnt cycled and the fish you added were totally unsuitable for your tank. The water that you got tested would have come back 'perfect' as it was just water, you never added anything to cycle the tank and build bacteria so there was nothing there to test. I agree with Tizer, dont embark on a large DIY tank project before you have even learnt the basics of the hobby.

Dont try to run before you can walk!

+1 Tizer < Listen to him.

Enough Said.

+1 Tizer < Listen to him.

Enough Said.
+2 Tizer is extremely knowledgeable, despite the goofy factor :p But he really does know about fish, and if you aren't ready to handle the research and care that is required of these fish, as well as researching compatability and such, then you should maybe start small before you jump into a huge tank.

Yes I know and this is why I am on here researching wether I keep these fish or not when I get the fish say a year down the line il just have the same problems there sent the first tropical fish we have had and is not the only tank in our house we hav 2 other tanks do I know half of what I'm doing just don't know the terms like cycling I did it just didn't know the term for it I do not want to get rid of the fish otherwise I won't learn all this stuff :) I'm going to follow advice given to me with the regards to keeping the fish, if things get worse from here then yes I will get rid of fish but I would like to keep these fish and give it a go other wise I won't learn anything :) but thank you all for helping

Most reactions

Back