Clown Loach And Convict

In what size tank?

There's really no yes or no answer to compatability. You're taking a chance putting a clown loach in with a cichlid. Not that it can't be done but just letting you know if the con doesn't agree with your selection of tankmates for him, he could put a serious hurting on the loach or even kill it. It might be able to be done as all cichlids act differently. Just want to prepare you is all.

well i only need a temp home for him he was in the tank with dropsy. i put treatment in there and he turned bright white and started swiming upsidedown. i moved him to a vase that my betta used to be in but he cant stay in there.

I had 2 of my convicts with 2 of my clown loaches a long time ago, and believe it or not they all co-existed very peacefully indeed. They all rested in my ornament nicely and the cons were male and female! Perhaps it was luck - from my experience with cichlids, they are definatly the most unexpected and unpredicatable fish.

Eelzor said:
I had 2 of my convicts with 2 of my clown loaches a long time ago, and believe it or not they all co-existed very peacefully indeed. They all rested in my ornament nicely and the cons were male and female! Perhaps it was luck - from my experience with cichlids, they are definatly the most unexpected and unpredicatable fish.
I can definately believe that Eelzor. :nod:

I think it's so iffy I fear telling anyone compatabilities unless it should work out most of the time. People would crap if they knew the fish I stuck together successfuly but don't recommend others when they ask I turn around and do worse. :lol:

It's like I tell Kirsten, ask me what "I" would do instead of "if it will work" and you'll get 2 different answers most of the time. :lol:

Your right cichlids are VERY unpredictable. Up until this morning i have had 2 Oscars in my 55 with my gouramis. There was never a problem. They would still be in there if they had not outgrown the tank.

Most reactions

Back