Cloudy Water

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

pie

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
:unsure: My tank's about 2 months old and the water is cloudy. I've cycled the water twice,the water clear at first but then a week later it's cloudy again and I've noticed when i shut the light off the water is green.I've been feeding them Krill pellets and it looks like the waters getting cloudier each time i feed it to them. What should I do?

Green water is caused by free floating algae called diatoms. Is the tank ever exposed to direct sunlight? That is a prime cause of green water. It also happens quite often in new tanks. In my experiencce, water changes seem to do no good. When I had a problem with it on a new tank a couple years ago, it seemed the more water changes I did, the worse it got. I ended up using a UV sterilizer to clear it up and never had an issue since then. I actually had the problem on 2 tanks. The first one cleared extremely quickly and I documented the second one with photos on this thread.

when i had this problem, i blacked out the tank for 5 days. i did this by turning off the main light and putting a blanket over the tank. i also added Nutrafin Pclear (particle clumper). feed your fishes half of what you normaly would, as they are less active during this time. DON'T FORGET to remove any live plants, as they would likely kick the bucket during this period.

when i had this problem, i blacked out the tank for 5 days. i did this by turning off the main light and putting a blanket over the tank. i also added Nutrafin Pclear (particle clumper). feed your fishes half of what you normaly would, as they are less active during this time. DON'T FORGET to remove any live plants, as they would likely kick the bucket during this period.
Thank you it worked awesome!!!!!!!!!!!Both of you.

Most reactions

trending

Back