Cloudy Water For 5 Weeks

Good result. Just keep monitoring it and you'll be fine.
 
Congrats Rendog. I'd never have thought about the RO water thing. Good deduction who-ever came up with it. :clap:
 
Thanks! Yes, I learn something new every time I browse the forum.

My first Freshwater tank coming from saltwater was so heavily planted (and I bet the substrate helped too) that it cycle very quickly. I filled that tank with RO and never had an issue.

I have a feeling that, just as what was suggested to me, the RO in this case was too "clean" and its PH wasn't high enough (lack of trace minerals too) to quicken the growth of good bacteria. That combined with the fact that I had to put my fish in on the second day (high ammonia for long periods of time), it was just not a good recipe for cycling.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top