electric yellow
Fish Addict
Hi all 
I have set up my spare Aqua Start 320 which is a 28ltr tank. I took water from my already established tanks and also filter media. Im wondering though how to get rid of this cloudy water. It wont go away!! It has an internal powerhead in it for filtration and an air stone and heater. I changed 30% of the water today and it is still cloudy. Im wondering whether the powerhead is not doing a good enough job? None of my other tanks running had cloudy water for more than a couple of days and this has been over two weeks!
Note: no fishies in it yet.
Stats done with a liquid test kit:
ammonia 0-0.25ppm (more towards 0ppm)
nitrate 0ppm
nitrite 0ppm
ph 6.8-7.0
I have added 1ml today of acu clear to see if that helps but it doesnt appear to. I added a second internal sponge filter last week from another of my tanks to aid in the settle process and it cleared it up real well which is why im wondering if i need another powerhead. I removed the second filter today and it is back to cloudy.
Can anyone recommend a powerhead for a 28ltr? The one in there is a new one with already established sponge. It turns over water well and i did ask the guy what sort of head to get/ltrs per hour thing when i bought it. There is no under gravel filter as the filter for the tank died and thats why i bought the power head.
I have set up my spare Aqua Start 320 which is a 28ltr tank. I took water from my already established tanks and also filter media. Im wondering though how to get rid of this cloudy water. It wont go away!! It has an internal powerhead in it for filtration and an air stone and heater. I changed 30% of the water today and it is still cloudy. Im wondering whether the powerhead is not doing a good enough job? None of my other tanks running had cloudy water for more than a couple of days and this has been over two weeks!
Note: no fishies in it yet.
Stats done with a liquid test kit:
ammonia 0-0.25ppm (more towards 0ppm)
nitrate 0ppm
nitrite 0ppm
ph 6.8-7.0
I have added 1ml today of acu clear to see if that helps but it doesnt appear to. I added a second internal sponge filter last week from another of my tanks to aid in the settle process and it cleared it up real well which is why im wondering if i need another powerhead. I removed the second filter today and it is back to cloudy.
Can anyone recommend a powerhead for a 28ltr? The one in there is a new one with already established sponge. It turns over water well and i did ask the guy what sort of head to get/ltrs per hour thing when i bought it. There is no under gravel filter as the filter for the tank died and thats why i bought the power head.







