Cloudy Tank

Andeekaii

Fishaholic
Joined
May 30, 2008
Messages
458
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
GB
I recently set up a 30 Gallon tank. It has been 3 days now, and it is still cloudly. It's NOT a bacterial bloom, i used a lot of water from an old tank, and filter medium etc etc.
After around 24 hours i have to clean the filter sponge because it is getting clogged up with brown mess (from the peat i used in the bottom of the tank)

As i said its been 3 days and the tank is still cloudy.

Would it be safe to turn the pump off and let the particles settle to the bottom? Or do i need to keep it on because the bacteria need oxygen? Could i just put an airstone in and turn the pump off?

Any help or ideas would be great..thanks!

I can get pictures if it helps?
 
I know this because it appeared straight away after adding water.
 
The temp is at a constant 25 degrees, the substrate is ermmm lol.

I cant remember the name of the peat (from my lfs) covered by eco complete, with a thin layer of black gravel above.
I'm 95% sure the cloudines is from the substrate, i just wish it would hurry up and clear.

Andy
 
There seems to be a clear mis-understanding here of what a bacterial bloom actually is and what causes it.

Have a read here.
 
i had this problem a while back, i added in the correct amount of Interpet - Filter Aid and after about 2 days of the water being a bronze colour, it was like sky HD lmao! give it a try mate! :-)
 

Most reactions

Back
Top