cloudy- AGAIN!

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

wrs

Michelle's Hot
Reaction score
So yet again my tank is cloudy. Its always cloudy now for like 1-2 months. So I bought aqua-clear today. It put some in, but it didnt work. What should I do? Should I put more in later?

No, that crap is useless. Keep up with water changes, don't overfeed, don't use too much sunlight and use R/O or some kind of purified water if you have to. It might be you just have dirty tap water.

oh, thats great theres 3.29 down the drain. No the tap waters clean, its like after two days it goes cloudy again. The tank is getting me so mad. I just want to get another one and ditch that thing.

I don't know why you bought the stuff. The best advice given on these forums is to never use chemicals to tamper with your water. At most a lot of these chemicals are useless and at worse can kill your tank. Fortunately that stuff is on the useless end though it might kill some of your bacteria. Usually cloudy water is a bacteria bloom and the aqua clear kills them off to clear up the water, which doesn't help. It just kills beneficial bacteria off then causes them to rot and decay.

Your tap water may still be dirty, it just doesn't show up immeadiately in all cases. It's strange that way but it happens. Also, when I mean dirty, I don't mean it has dirt but it might be high in particles of some kind, metals or minerals or something else.

Try buying some R/O water. Wal-Mart will sell it for about 58¢ a gallon though if you're lucky there'll be a water store that sells it for 25¢ a gallon in your area. That's pure water and will tell you for sure if it's the tap water or if something else is causing it.

Just wondering wrs....how old is your filter? Could it be faulty in some way? Or could it be the type of substrate you've got?

If it isn't the fishes or water, either of the above could explain why you've got 'cloudy' water.....

No I didnt try new carbon, my brother said to get that, lol. Its kinda a bit whiteish. But ya know the best part, its not cloudy in the front, just the sides and backs, were I have decorations. I dont know what the actuall parimaters are, because mt dad wont let me buy a test kit, but I did have it checked at my lfs, and they said it was all they way it should be.

I was thinking it could be the filter as well. Ive had if for about 3 months i believe.

What type of filter are you using? If the tank is cloudy only around the edges and back where you have decorations then have you tried a good cleaning of the gravel in those areas. Also if they have holes in them where fish can go you should try to clean them out as well. :)

its a whisper 10-20 or 5-15 power filter. Its not gravel, sand, lol. And i did clean it there, but it didnt work. its a bit better though today.

Most reactions

Back