Close Oh So Very Close

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

FBTgirl

Fish Herder
Reaction score
I am very close to the day when I get to breed a yellow CT with my female. :drool: He is yound and pretty. I cant wait and I am hoping that he is a good breeder too. Here is a few pics of the girl who I shall breed him with(Chance).
Gigety037.jpg

Gigety039.jpg

Gigety041.jpg

your female is gorgeous im sure mine is a camelion it always changed collour

thanks :D I have one who changes color a lot too. I am hoping to get more yellows with the parents being pink and yellow. She looks a lot bigger now she grew like a half an inch while I was away.

I might be wrong but I don't think you'll get too many yellows . I'm sure I've read somewhere about it being a weak colour strain. Someone fell fre to correct me if I'm wrong!

Ok...completely off the subject but thanks for telling me. I will fix that later :unsure:

She's pretty!
I'm probably wrong... but yellow is a non-red, and the female is red, so if she carries the yellow gene you'll be able to get some yellows... and some reds as well. But, if she came from a pet shop, you can't be sure, as she'll be a mutt.
But, being a veiltail, you'll get veiltails and combtails... very few crowntails, so unless you have a pet store that'll take all the fry, I wouldn't breed them.

She's pretty!
I'm probably wrong... but yellow is a non-red, and the female is red, so if she carries the yellow gene you'll be able to get some yellows... and some reds as well. But, if she came from a pet shop, you can't be sure, as she'll be a mutt.
But, being a veiltail, you'll get veiltails and combtails... very few crowntails, so unless you have a pet store that'll take all the fry, I wouldn't breed them.

just curious, but what would those combtails look like? i happened to have mistakened my female for something else and mated her with my crown. unfortunately, she looks more like a veiltail now that i think about it

Dont worry:) I have tons of people wanting them and then I will have my grandfather take some up to ND to get homes from my 120 family members up there. Please do not worry:) I got it all figured out.

Mommy is right. Yellow is a non-red. Basically it's a red gene that shows up as yellow. More than likely you will get all red fish. If the female has yellow in her genes you might get a few yellows, but mostly just reds. An F2 spawn would result in more yellows (but not guaranteed due to the "mutt" genes from Mom). And, yes, they'll be combtails. So nothing fancy, but they'll be cute, I'm sure. Keep us updated on how everything goes.

She's pretty!

just curious, but what would those combtails look like? i happened to have mistakened my female for something else and mated her with my crown. unfortunately, she looks more like a veiltail now that i think about it

Combtails look like veiltails, but with little spikey edges. Almost like crowntails but the spikes are shorter.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back