Cleaning Rocks

DaveyH

New Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2009
Messages
21
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Bristol, England
I have got some large rocks in my tank which in the past I have cleaned by removing and giving a good scrub with a coarse bristled scrubbing brush. I now have some good plant growth around them which I will damage if I remove them. I would like to clean them without removing and was trying to figure out the best way. I bought one of those green pot scourer pads (Brillo) which I was going to cut into smaller strips and use – but at the last minute I saw “Not for aquarium use” on the label. I’m not sure if they say that because the pad contains chemicals or if it would scratch the glass?

Any ideas? A small course bristled brush would be good, but I haven't seen any small enough...
 
I use a baby bottle brush with a long handle, you can usually pick them up at any supermarket. Fine enough bristles not to scratch anything, I also use one to clean the inside of the glass too that I couldnt reach with anything else.
 
Toothbrush? Obviously buy a new one, go for a firm bristle and it should do the job. Might take a bit of time though. Other option would be a brush for cleaning vegetables.
 
As minx said get a baby bottle brush i used to use a toothbrush it takes a lot more work lol scrubbing with that little brush head but then i started using my bottle cleaner that i used to use to clean down the tube of my biorb works a treat :)
 

Most reactions

Back
Top