Cleaning Debris From Substrate Without Syphoning Water?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
You can also buy battery powered gravel vacuums that do the same thing. Don't have to hook them up to a pump or anything. Very lightweight and handheld. Siphons everything up, catches it in a finely netted compartment and leaves the water in the tank. That's what i have and I love it for getting the extra bits of food should I happen to overfeed....I also have large plecs so its very handy.

What's yours called Dieses?

http://www.amazon.com/Automatic-Gravel-Cleaner-Sludge-Extractor/dp/B003C5U2SU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1339969011&sr=8-1&keywords=eheim+gravel+cleaner

this is the exact one that I have. I actually bought it off craigslist for $10, so I am sure you can find a deal on a used one if you like. Honestly, I love it. It's great for cleaning messes up when I don't have time for a water change (usually fter my kids help me feed the fishes.)

I have one of the airline ones and its good :good: haven't used it in years, not because of a problem with it but because I don't have an air pump any more!

Popping to P@H tonight might pick up one of these air powered ones they sound good and are cheap which is even better :) nice thread

Bought one and I must say its sucks literary it looked terribly weak whilst using it but when I looked in the bag it was full so obviously does the trick :good:

I've had one of these for years. Works on the same principle as the air lift on old under gravel filters. It doesn't look like it's going to work but it's quite efficient. Only problem I found was that even fully extended it was a bit short for my deeper tank. I replaced the inner pipe with a piece of pipe from my local hobby-craft and it works a treat. Maybe a little weaker than the original set-up but still does the job. The elastic does perish in time but I have found replacement bags.

Cathy

Hi I have not used mine yet but think I am being really thick as read instructions and say put in tank and turn it on but no on button so how do you get it started :hyper: is like my gravel cleaner where you lift up and down and starts automatically :blush:

cathy

http://www.amazon.com/Automatic-Gravel-Cleaner-Sludge-Extractor/dp/B003C5U2SU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1339969011&sr=8-1&keywords=eheim+gravel+cleaner

this is the exact one that I have. I actually bought it off craigslist for $10, so I am sure you can find a deal on a used one if you like. Honestly, I love it. It's great for cleaning messes up when I don't have time for a water change (usually fter my kids help me feed the fishes.)

this looks brilliant, just watched the video and i want one ... any links to where i can buy this in the UK?

Can I just say a powerhead is a good idea and takes no work at all, it will keep sand clean by pushing waste away

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back