cleaning a tank that has ADF's

JDH

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I want to get a few ADF's for my 55gal community tank, but as far as i've read, they like to escape. So, when i'm doing water changes are the ADF's going to try to escape? I want to be prepared for everything. :) So what should i know?

I've never had a problem with my ADFs getting out during a water change. They can't cling to the glass or anything, they will only get out if they have something to climb on. I really don't see it being a problem, just keep an eye on them when you are doing a water change. Once the water get a few inches below the top of the tank then you shouldn't have to worry.

Not cleaning related, but I would suggest you buy a turkey baster for feeding.

I think they will have a hard time competing for food with your danios and clown loaches. When I kept 1 in a 29g with danios and zebra loaches, I would catch myself overfeeding, to make sure the ADF got some food, if I was too lazy to use the baster.

I fed him with the baster for 3 years. :rolleyes: After about a week or 2, they will start to get familiar with the baster. :teacher:

Hi JDH :)

These little frogs can jump surprisingly well. It doesn't pay to take chances since it's not a lot of fun having to chase one of them across the floor. :eek: It's even worse if you have a cat or a dog helping you. :lol:

I would suggest keeping the lid at least partially on at all times. :D

i keep my adf's in a species only 10 gallon. with other fish it's to hard for them to compete for food and like stated above you have to feed them with a turkey baster. too much work for me. they do fine in a tank by themselves i feed them blood worms and frozen shrimp. theyre pretty low maintainence.

Most reactions

Back