Clean Up Crew

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

RedTail123

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Is this clean up crew good for a 500 gallon? Is it too small or too big?

3- Emerald Crabs
10- Blue Leg Hermit Crabs
10- Red Leg Hermit Crabs
10- Dwarf Zebra Hermit Crabs
15- Cerith Snails (Caribbean)
15- Super Tongan Nassarius Snails
15- Chestnut Turbo Snails (Orange)
1- Fighting Conch
2- Scarlet Cleaner Shrimp
14- Peppermint Shrimp
14- Sexy Anemone Shrimp

The dimensions of the tank are, 96" X 36" X 36".

Seems small to me. The site I ordered mine from was a little over kill so I looked up a quick clean up crew for a 180 gallon tank and this is what they say.

Quick Crew w/Hermits (180 Gallon)
Price: $149.01

Ask a question about this product
Shipped for free via Express Mail you will get:

170 Dwarf Ceriths - small cleaners that get to the nooks and crannies. Feed on diatoms, cyano, algal detritus, and film algae. Nocturnal cleaners that leave the sandbed at night to search for food.

46 Nassarius - scavengers that will eat leftover food and some fish waste. They will stir sand, but can also be kept in bare bottom tanks.

54 Florida Ceriths - small cleaners that get to the nooks and crannies. Feed on fine hair algae, diatoms, cyano, algal detritus, and film algae. Nocturnal cleaners that leave the sandbed at night to search for food.

31 Large & 18 Small to Medium Nerites - We are currently offering the longer lived and quite hardy Antillean Nerite. (Nerita fulgurans). It grows to a nice size,and consumes a good deal of  diatoms, cyano, algal detritus, and film algae. It will also consume some fine hair algae. A nocturnal herbivore that will feed more often at night, they tend to need some time to adjust to the limitations of the aquarium during their first week.

40 Assorted Hermits - A mix of smaller to medium hermit crab species, including red legged, left-handed, jade, white claw and blue leg hermit crabs. A nice variety of empty shells for them to move into will be included. These hermits are omnivores, that will feed on leftover food, filamentous (hair) algae and some species of cyanobacteria (cyano).

The like is http://reefcleaners.org/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=321&category_id=20&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=34

This site has hundreads of clean up crews and everything in between! Hope this helps a little and also always depends on how much alge growth I'm assuming if you are getting a clean up crew it is a newly established tank and therefore would probably need a big crew like this one.

Seems small to me. The site I ordered mine from was a little over kill so I looked up a quick clean up crew for a 180 gallon tank and this is what they say.

Quick Crew w/Hermits (180 Gallon)
Price: $149.01

Ask a question about this product
Shipped for free via Express Mail you will get:

170 Dwarf Ceriths - small cleaners that get to the nooks and crannies. Feed on diatoms, cyano, algal detritus, and film algae. Nocturnal cleaners that leave the sandbed at night to search for food.

46 Nassarius - scavengers that will eat leftover food and some fish waste. They will stir sand, but can also be kept in bare bottom tanks.

54 Florida Ceriths - small cleaners that get to the nooks and crannies. Feed on fine hair algae, diatoms, cyano, algal detritus, and film algae. Nocturnal cleaners that leave the sandbed at night to search for food.

31 Large & 18 Small to Medium Nerites - We are currently offering the longer lived and quite hardy Antillean Nerite. (Nerita fulgurans). It grows to a nice size,and consumes a good deal of  diatoms, cyano, algal detritus, and film algae. It will also consume some fine hair algae. A nocturnal herbivore that will feed more often at night, they tend to need some time to adjust to the limitations of the aquarium during their first week.

40 Assorted Hermits - A mix of smaller to medium hermit crab species, including red legged, left-handed, jade, white claw and blue leg hermit crabs. A nice variety of empty shells for them to move into will be included. These hermits are omnivores, that will feed on leftover food, filamentous (hair) algae and some species of cyanobacteria (cyano).

The like is http://reefcleaners.org/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=321&category_id=20&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=34

This site has hundreads of clean up crews and everything in between! Hope this helps a little and also always depends on how much alge growth I'm assuming if you are getting a clean up crew it is a newly established tank and therefore would probably need a big crew like this one.

Sounds large for a 180 gallon. Don't inverts compete for food when it runs out?

I got my CUC for my 36g at Reefcleaners, John Maloney's great to work with.

L

WOW 500 gallons! Lets see some pictures of this one! Even the tank must be impressive. 36" is tall, that would suck having to pick anything up with your arm, you'd be taking a bath every time.

Good luck with your CUC man, that is a lot of work! WOW

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back