Cichlids

People like cichlids because, they're really beautiful. ): Sucks that they need lotsa room.

There's a good three dozen species of South American dwarf cichlids and probably another two dozen Tanganyikian dwarves. Most of these can be kept in a 10g species tank. Not everyone thinks that the Tangs are beautiful, but most people agree that SA dwarves are gorgeous.
 
I'm a lover of all Cichlids and wish I had room for more! Currently have a Malawi tank and own Apisto. Cacatuoides, Keyhole Cichlids and am breeding Sajica Cichlids. Also "babysitting" a Red Neck severum and two Geo. Jurupari, although might have to tell the owner they died.... :devil:
 
It's like dress sense, everyone is different. I have always been into Amazon biotope style fish, Angels Tetras, Plecs and Corys. Can't explain why, just am??? :dunno:

Starting to venture a bit now and am getting a shell-dwelling set-up for one of my new nano tanks. :good: But if you ask me to set-up a large aquarium again I think I would always come back to one of the various Amazon styles, blackwater, clearwater, flooded forest etc etc etc.
 
It's like dress sense, everyone is different. I have always been into Amazon biotope style fish, Angels Tetras, Plecs and Corys. Can't explain why, just am??? :dunno:

Starting to venture a bit now and am getting a shell-dwelling set-up for one of my new nano tanks. :good: But if you ask me to set-up a large aquarium again I think I would always come back to one of the various Amazon styles, blackwater, clearwater, flooded forest etc etc etc.


Flooded forest aquariums are absolutely jaw dropping, there is one in Berlin. I almost never left.
 
Is it a public display aquarium??? I will search it on the net for a look i you give me a bit more info. They do look awesome with huge tree trunks in them!!
 
I've always liked cichlids. My apisto is by far my favourite fish, and my angels are the most endeering fish in my 55G. For me they have a character (and aparent intelligence) that other fish species don't have.

I would like the keep Oscars in the future, and takangans have great colours. I would put some species of gourami (and I could almost put bettas in the same category) as a close second in terms of character and endeerment.
 
Is it a public display aquarium??? I will search it on the net for a look i you give me a bit more info. They do look awesome with huge tree trunks in them!!

Yes lol. or at least it was a few years back when i was in Germany, but the berlin aquarium had 2 flooded forest displays when i was there. ive been trying to find the pictures i took but i think they may have gone the way of the dinosaur.

Doing a search on line from the states never proves useful. In communist amerikA we only see what they want us to see, and no where else exists!

But im sure some light searching and a thousand UK travel sites will pop up in your googler telling you all about the beautiful flooded forest displays at the berlin aquarium.
 
Is it a public display aquarium??? I will search it on the net for a look i you give me a bit more info. They do look awesome with huge tree trunks in them!!

Yes lol. or at least it was a few years back when i was in Germany, but the berlin aquarium had 2 flooded forest displays when i was there. ive been trying to find the pictures i took but i think they may have gone the way of the dinosaur.

Doing a search on line from the states never proves useful. In communist amerikA we only see what they want us to see, and no where else exists!

But im sure some light searching and a thousand UK travel sites will pop up in your googler telling you all about the beautiful flooded forest displays at the berlin aquarium.


Abit off topic but I didn't think america has internet censorship for personal use. Also can you explain the 'communist amerikA' I would have thougth america to be the last country to go red given its history.

Berlin aquarium amazon video


Back on topic - cichlids are great, my personal favourite are new world cichlids simply because of their interactiveness, not to mention some of them have stunning colours. Theres a cichlid for ever tank size as well, and for every level of experience.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top