Cichlids Tanks

I don't see convicts and firemouths living happily together.. I've never had firemouths last long with convicts..

what are the dimensions of the tank you're talking about..

I don't know about a corner tank.. not a lot of room for fish to swim in and form territories.

you actually consider putting rainbow cichlids with convict cichlids?? Sounds kinda dangerous to me. I have a 30 gal. US and I kept one 7" pike cichlid in there for about a year. I admit he was pretty lazy unless goldfish were around. Not to mention he beat up my Acara when I bought him and I had to give the Acara away or watch him get beat to death. Of course, the good man that I am, gave the aequidens away rather than be a jerk and let him get killed.

I may need to reconsider... -_-

The dimensions are Length 98.5cm Deep 70cm height 132.5 (with cabinet)

Anyone got any tips with better or different compatability?

Sam

Hey guys

Can you tell me if this is ok? I'm thinking about these then hopefully breeding them after i've done some research.

Rainbow Cichlid x2

Firemouth x2

Hope they will live together nicely!

Sam

Leave out the convicts or just get one - if they breed there will be carnage.
Nicaraguense would be a better choice IMO.
The severum will get too big.
haha nicaraguense gets at least 10" - 1 ' and a severum gets at least 8" LOL!

i am with spencer pike back there, but i think...

2 firemouths.

3 silver dollars.

and 1 possibly.... 2 blood parrots :)

Do you know the dimensions of just the tank in inches.. don't include the stand when you measure next time..

Then I will be able to help you out more!

Hi vancouver

The tank in inches

Length 38inches

Depth 27inches

Height 23inches

These are the dimensions without the stand.

Hope this helps

Sam

You might be able to get away with 2 firemouths and 2 rainbows, but when they spawn, you'll have to separate them or they will kill each other.

Hey guys

Thanks very much for all your replies, I have had a discussion with my parents and I think I'm gonna go for a pair of Firemouths. They are very nice and my parents like them too (so thats an advantage!)

Once again thanks for your help!

Sam :D

dont blame you mate, i have a pair of firemouths, they are very nice fish, good luck with them and happy fishkeeping, any problems just post them here :)

Most reactions

Back