Cichlid Way Too Small

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Stormm

Mostly New Member
Reaction score
So if you had read another one of my posts i had a electric yellow cichlid with severe fin rot. Well i moved her over to my 10 gallon tank and treated her. Since then she has healed very well and has gotten very friendly with me, this tanks beside my bed and she rests right near my bed. Also the tank she came from the other electric yellows were much larger like 2-3x bigger, but i go them at the same time. So im worried to put her back because she seems so happy in the 10 by herself. Like if shes happy is it bad to keep her there until she possibly grows larger?. Also i was thinking of adding more electric yellows so if they are smaller i could add her with them. Also why is she so small, (i say she because shes small and has almost no black on her fins)

She could be stunted by being in the small tank. How large and how frequent are your water changes?

She only moved into the small tank a week or so ago if I remember correctly. If she seems happy I'd leave her be for a while and try to feed her up.

It could be tricky re-introducing her to an established tank as all her peers will have their territories mapped out. This isn't so bad with females but when you do re-introduce her it might be worth rearranging your rockwork first.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back