FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

-cAtFiSh-

Fish Herder
Reaction score
I love cicadas. They are so pretty :D

cicada001edit.jpg

cicada007edit.jpg

And then he climed up onto my shoulder and sat there for ages.
cicadafriend.jpg

LOL, I love them too, they are so cute :wub: . It has been ages since I have caught any, I only hear a few during summer. I miss them :sad: .

cheers,
Mikaila31

I used to collect dead cicadas with all different patterns :wub:

Wow i have never even heard of one let alone seen one, they look very pretty :)

apparently if you click your fingers near one, it will move towards the clicking, as this is similar to the noise a female cicada makes

I dont think we get them over in the Uk, they look pretty damn big lol.

I hate 'em, but I've only seen the brown ones. Nothing colorful like the one in your pics. Still hate 'em though... I've had too many of them thrown at me.

I am dadly afraid of all bugs. Becasue when i was 8( around 6 years ago), i got stung by a yellow jacket( bumblebee), and i didnt even know it was there let alone provoke it, and i had a welt for a month!!!!!!!!!. Then when i was 11( 3 years ago), i was sitting in class, and a bee fell down on my hand, i sat there consiouscly waiting for it to go off, but what does it do, sting me!!!!!!! Half my hand was swoleen adn i had to go to the emergency room!!!!!!!!!! Just this year, i was using a gas weedeater, adn when i turned it on, thousands of cicada's attacked me( i think the weedeater sounded like their mating call), so now i am officially afraid of all bugs. Ohhh yeah, one time around 20 lady bugs flew into my ears and mouth!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

creeeeepy little bugger! We have them here in SC like every 13 years I think? They all come out at once to mate...frightening stuff.

We had one here in the garden a few summers ago, totally out of place, I thought it was probably an import, got in with something coming over here and got out and went flying.

It sat outside for two weeks and sang to it's self every night - then it was gone. I hoped, at the time, that it flew off home again and met a lover and settled down to do whatever they do in their spare time. I hated the idea that it was here all alone and he was lonely and singing for someone who would never come :(

But then I found out we do have them here :) (yay!!) and it was probably with friends and just bugged off to hang out with them instead of singing to us. We missed it though, it chirped every night, and it was lovely to hear it. Haven't heard them since we were in TX. We use to leave the window open so we could lay there and listen to it.

Lovely picture :)

OMG - my 9 year old daughter would love them....She is obsessed with anything creepy crawly...

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back