Chromaphyosemion Bitaeniatum

Amerce

Fish Herder
Reaction score
Got these eggs from a friend and managed to hatch 7 of them, males are colouring up nicely

ChromaphyosemionBitaeniatum.jpg

I've been told they are peat spawners but just in case I've also added a spawning mop.

Ijebu Ode, are the best strain IMO
I kept a lot of Chromaphyosemions (Bivs) back in the eighties.
I didn't consider this sp. to be a peat spawner though
I use floating and sunken mops for all plant spawning killi's.
Nice pics, Beautiful species and when they get their full finnage and the males start to display WOW what a spectacle.
Keep the camera handy
Regards
C

Thanks for that Colin, I've seen the male in the peat area but no females so wasn't sure... hence adding a spawning mop, all my tanks have moss anyway but I hope to have some eggs soon of these.

First time with this particular species so any advice is greatfully accepted. :flowers:

By the way I read that you have your Riv's now, wow what a journey they had, good luck with them... have you created a thread on them yet ?

Tina

Desperate to get shots of when they are displaying as their fins are fantastic, but here is an updated shot of my fish

Aphy_Bitaeniatum_IjebuOd.jpg

Nice pics T,
Just to be hyper-critical.
Dark backgrounds and dark gravel/substrate. Mix of blue and white lighting. Then you'll see those babies glean.
ATB
C

I know but the tank is eye level for me and trying to get a pic looking down is impossible unless I stand on something... being all of 4.11 in height LOL.

Most reactions

Back