Chrisbassists Roma 125

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

chrisbassist

Fish Addict
Reaction score
I posted a couple of pics in a thread over in NW Cichlids, but thought i might as well start a thread for my tank here.

Full Tank:
fulltank.jpg

Apisto Cacatuoides:
spike.jpg

(Spike, my male)

theboss.jpg

(She's the boss)

theotherwoman.jpg

(the bit on the side)

Keyholes:
keyhole.jpg

keyhole2.jpg

Cories:
cories.jpg

Guppies:
orange-guppy.jpg

(biggest and oldest guppy)

leopard-tail-guppy.jpg

(4 of these, and the tails have grown a little now)

Neons:
neon-tetra.jpg

(9 of these)

I have more plants on order, and once i've planted them I might get some java moss too for an area at the front...

CO2 will be added next week hopefully

And the background will be changed as soon as I decide between black and blue... maybe a dark blue as a compromise?

I have more plants on order, and once i've planted them I might get some java moss too for an area at the front...

And the background will be changed as soon as I decide between black and blue... maybe a dark blue as a compromise?

Beautiful fish mate. Was gonna suggest it needs a decent background and some plants but seems you already know. I've got the Roma 200, pretty happy with it.

They're not perfectthough. That first one (the male) if you look carefully, the 2 fins under the belly, one is bent and goes the wrong side, but he's a lovely fish all the same.

Beautiful fish mate. Was gonna suggest it needs a decent background and some plants but seems you already know. I've got the Roma 200, pretty happy with it.
Believe it or not, that background was ace with the last scape. All the background has on it is green plants and bogwood. The tank used tohave a couple of large pieces of bogwood in and a few fake plants. So the background extended the tank in effect.

hmmm, just had the idea of a moss wall........

not sure if i can be bothered with that though..... seems like a lot of work.

I'm not convinced it would be the best option for me... might not suit some of the scaping, but then, if i have loads of plants, it will... I'm sure i'll figure it out.

changed the background today... had some spare grey depron, cut to size and I quite like the grey, fish show up nicely. but it will look a lot better with plants and things in front of it. which i recieved an e-mail telling me they have been dispatched...

fulltank-1.jpg

with new background and some more plants...

any suggestions on plants for the left hand side? maybe some java fern or something else i can glue to slate and have around the caves?

fulltank-1.jpg

with new background and some more plants...

any suggestions on plants for the left hand side? maybe some java fern or something else i can glue to slate and have around the caves?

Looks ten times better already mate. Good call on the java Fern and maybe mix it up with some Amazon Swords. Will look great when the vallis reaches the surface.

Right, with Friday being my birthday I think I should be going to lfs. Pick up co2, and some ferns. Fertilizers, what else?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back