Choosing fish

You could add a red tailed black shark but, as already mentioned, that'll limit what other fish you can keep and it *may* be aggressive towards your guppies because of the long fins and your loaches or pleco because they share the same water level and RTBS are territorial. You may be better off with something similar but less aggressive - flying foxes are my personal favourite and they'll eat algae too :) However, they are also intolerant of their own species and sometimes of similar - looking species too. Make sure you don't come home with a chinese algae eater by mistake though :blink: Most of the other fish it can be mistaken for are perfectly harmless but the CAE is deffinately something you DON'T want.

I second that about the CAE. I went to my lfs and was looking for an algae eater, saw algae loach on one of the tanks and asked for five, "ok, if you get six we will give you another for free" Um cool ok I took seven home. BIG mistake they attack everything and everything is scared of them, even fish five times thier juvi size. Managed to return them in time, very difficult to catch.

Stick with your origional selection and carefully research what you want next.

Jon

yeah i just want one slightly larger fish to put in aswell because all of my other fish wont end up getting over 3". it would also be nice if it was colorful too(thats why i liked the RTBS). Any suggestions?

Most reactions

Back