Chocolate Ghost Knife Help

mikki2315

Reaction score
So I was slightly irresponsible and bought a chocolate ghost knife without doing any research I fell in love at first site he is currently in my 95 gal community tank any info would be great all I could find was they were slightly more peaceful ( they have even been housed in numbers) and they get to only 8" any help would be great as I have many homes in my basement for hom just would like to find one that suita him best

Well basically they like a lot of hiding places and some shaded lighting as they crepuscular sometimes nocturnal. They love live food and will eat mouth-sized fish given the chance.

Their temperament varies on individual personality. Some are peaceful and some should be kept with fishes of the same disposition. Most keepers prefer a species tank for them.

Personally i'd say your tank is good enough if your ghost knife is around 3-4" but will depend if there are other fishes of the same or bigger size than it is

Like has been said, lots of hiding places. :)

Can you get a picture of him at some point? I think of two different things when I hear chocolate ghost knife.
There has been color variants of the Black Ghost Knife (Apteronotus Albifrons), and then there is the Brown Ghost Knife (Apteronotus Leptorhynchus). I hope you have a leptorhynchus.

And also don't feel too bad about it, at least you got a 95 gal to put it in and not a 40-ish something gal that i read somewhere from a previous keeper here lol

My brother had a black ghost knife in a 12 gal I took it into my 50gal before finding a shop to take it in. It was about 8"

baker360360 said:
My brother had a black ghost knife in a 12 gal I took it into my 50gal before finding a shop to take it in. It was about 8"
Yikes! I'm glad you were able to take it and re-home it. Good job :)

Ninjouzata said:
Yikes! I'm glad you were able to take it and re-home it. Good job :)
He was like why is it eating all my neons? I said because they can't run away lol

The tank was my old aqua nano 40 which is a 40cm x40cm

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back