Cherry Shrimp

GRANNYFRAN

New Member
Joined
Aug 5, 2008
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Hi, I wonder if anyone out there can help.

Over the course of the last two weeks I have attempted to buy some Cherry Shrimp. The first was from a regular supplier that I frequent and I bought the shrimp and came away happy.

Today I tried to buy some more at another outlet but was advised that Cherry Shrimp are coldwater only and not tropical. The lady in the store was very helpful saying she had been doing her own research and had been finding that the CS die in a tropical set up.

Any thoughts anyone??

Fran
 
They can be kept in coldwater, but they will only breed in (semi)tropical conditions. They're very lenient when it comes to temp, to be honest.
 
Hi, I wonder if anyone out there can help.

Over the course of the last two weeks I have attempted to buy some Cherry Shrimp. The first was from a regular supplier that I frequent and I bought the shrimp and came away happy.

Today I tried to buy some more at another outlet but was advised that Cherry Shrimp are coldwater only and not tropical. The lady in the store was very helpful saying she had been doing her own research and had been finding that the CS die in a tropical set up.

Any thoughts anyone??

Fran

18degrees being the lowest
 
They can live in either, I have some that live in a tub in the garden, it was under ice last winter and they all survived, even ones that were tiny when it got cold, they start eating and growing at about 11C for breeding 18-26C seems fine. They seem fine in water up to 30C if it has enough oxygen. Pretty flexible little critters.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top