Cherry Shrimp Tankmates.

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Murphee

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I've never had any shrimp before in any of my tanks, but i am looking to put some in my 25g, but i was wondering would the fish i have in there eat the cherries, or their babies? I was thinking of buying 10.

The fish i have are:

Platys x4
Penguin tetra x7
Large red eye tetra x4
neon tetra x15

Would i be able to keep those in this tank, its fairly heavily planted with lots of rocks and slate, i was also thinking about addinn some type of moss but i dont want java moss. Also i have sand substrate if it makes any difference.

Any help very much appreciated :good:

I have Neons, Cards, Corries and Platies (plus young) with a recently added family of RCS. The baby platies show a lot of interest in the java moss clumps where they hide so I suspect they are getting some very young shrimp although not sure tbh - maybe other critters hang there too.

Generally the adults appear to be invisible to the fish, but if the fish ever show interest the shrimp seem to touch or whip them with the feelers and then warp a cm or so away. All the shrimp I started with have made to adult hood from about mid size.

Many fish will devour shrimp so not sure about your other tetras!

They will all be fine with adults but the juvies are highly unlikely to grow up without being eaten.

agreed that adults SHOULD be fine most juvies will be eaten but if you have luck a few will make it.

Most reactions

trending

Back