Cheese on Toast ,Toasted Cheese Sandwich or Cheese Toasty which is best?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Cheese on Toast , Toasted Cheese Sandwich or a Cheese Toasty which do you prefer?

• no Cheese for me!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no Bread for me!

• i dont eat

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
As a meance to society, i prefer to get pretzel bread then place cheese, tomato, lettuce, salami and sometimes pickles if I have any. Rolls of white bread works fine but if you’ve had pretzel bread you will understand why i so desperately want to make sandwiches with it. Sometimes if i dont want to prepare all the ingredients i slather tons of butter on the bread, microwave it for 15 seconds for optimal melt then eat cheese and salami on the side. Feel free to criticize me but eat pretzel bread first

The Perfect Grilled Cheese Sandwich
(I was a professional cook in a former life; you can trust me on this)

Ingredients:
--2 Slices of good, whole-wheat bread. Might as well get some good stuff from the local bakery, not that spongy junk from the grocery store. But if that's all you have, it'll do.
--Several slices of sharp cheddar cheese. If you're going all-out, find some 10 year old Wisconsin, but whatever you've got will do.
--Mayo
--Grated parmesan
--a slice or two of white onion (optional)
--a teaspoon or so of butter. I like butter and, despite what my silly doctor might tell you, I am convinced it's actually good for me.

1. Heat a skillet over medium heat until a bit of water will dance on the surface. Reduce heat to medium low and throw in some butter. (I like butter)
2. (optional) Slice up the onion. Fry it in butter until translucent. Set aside for the moment.
3. Spread your bread slices on one side with mayonnaise. Sprinkle with grated parmesan. Shake off excess.
4. Place a slice of bread on the sizzling butter, mayo side down. Pile on the cheese, erring on the side of too much. (I like cheese) If you're doing onions, put them on top of the cheese. Place the other bread slice on top, mayo side up.
5. Fry for about two minutes. Verrrrry carefully flip over, so as not to lose any good stuff. Fry for another two minutes or until the cheese is all melted.
6. Chow down on crispy, gooey, oniony, cheesy perfection.

Last edited:
The Perfect Grilled Cheese Sandwich
(I was a professional cook in a former life; you can trust me on this)

Ingredients:
--2 Slices of good, whole-wheat bread. Might as well get some good stuff from the local bakery, not that spongy junk from the grocery store. But if that's all you have, it'll do.
--Several slices of sharp cheddar cheese. If you're going all-out, find some 10 year old Wisconsin, but whatever you've got will do.
--Mayo
--Grated parmesan
--a slice or two of white onion (optional)
--a teaspoon or so of butter. I like butter and, despite what my silly doctor might tell you, I am convinced it's actually good for me.

1. Heat a skillet over medium heat until a bit of water will dance on the surface. Reduce heat to medium low and throw in some butter. (I like butter)
2. (optional) Slice up the onion. Fry it in butter until translucent. Set aside for the moment.
3. Spread your bread slices on one side with mayonnaise. Sprinkle with grated parmesan. Shake off excess.
4. Place a slice of bread on the sizzling butter, mayo side down. Pile on the cheese, erring on the side of too much. (I like cheese) If you're doing onions, put them on top of the cheese. Place the other bread slice on top, mayo side up.
5. Fry for about two minutes. Verrrrry carefully flip over, so as not to lose any good stuff. Fry for another two minutes.
6. Chow down on crispy, gooey, oniony, cheesy perfection.
Great Recipe Suggestion here!

It's well nigh impossible to buy a take away sandwich without mayo here. I always have to find one of those places where they make them up while you wait so I can have a sandwich without.

If we go out on a hot sunny day (or at least when we did pre-Covid) I didn't like the thought of carrying a sandwich round for hours in thsoe temperatures. And before you use the words cool bag, you haven't met my husband :(

If we go out on a hot sunny day (or at least when we did pre-Covid) I didn't like the thought of carrying a sandwich round for hours in thsoe temperatures. And before you use the words cool bag, you haven't met my husband :(
I had a cool bag once...

...But then she started wearing old cardigans and liking dull music.

Bum-tishhhhhh.

reminds of when my mate who'd recently divorced got asked if he wanted a bag for life in the supermarket his answer was hilarious

''no thanks ive just got rid of mine''

i was so embaressed yet he found it so funny!

The mayo is used as a glue to create the crispy coating with the parmesan. Mayo is used somewhat excessively Stateside.
We're more likely to use a beaten egg, perhaps with milk. ;)
My recipe would be a "cheese dream", I think my grandma read it in a post war cookery magazine, or perhaps even learnt it working as a cook in a posh house, before the war.

It is basically what you describe. It's what a normal person would call "eggy bread," but instead of a slice of bread you use a whole cheese sandwich; butter both sides of the bread if you require extra cholesterol.

I thought the same about the mayo, but then I wondered.... does the frying make it better?
Indeed. I don't like mayo on a cheese sandwich myself, but you can't taste it on this one. it sort of fuses with the parmesan to make a crispy crust, but no mayo taste remains.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back